What are the National Standards for Arts Education?
The National Standards are simply what one should know and be able to do in the arts. There are nine content standards for music, which include the following:
1. Singing alone and with others a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines
5. Reading and notating music
6. Listening to, analyzing and describing music
7. Evaluating music and music performances
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside the arts
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture
[Private Vocal Instruction] [Private Instrumental Instruction] [Preschool Music] [Contacts and Links] [Accolades and Applause] [Photos of Art Gallery] [Coupons and Savings] [Directions to Our Studio] [Mission Statement] [Teacher Biographies] [Home]